32. Space and Time

We were home this past weekend so we decided to watch a Jason Isbell live stream from NY and I am glad we did. As always, he and the band put on a great show. If you haven't listened to him you should.  The opening act, SG Goodman, was also streamed and I was introduced to a new song for the blog. She reminds me of Emmy Lou Harris and Janis Joplin. A real throwback sound and I thoroughly enjoyed her performance. 

Thanksgiving week is upon us and it is time to reflect on those that mean the most to us during times like these. This song is about saying I love you and you can never do that enough. Unless you are my wife or kids I normally only tend to say it when bad things happen or we have been drinking and I trust you. 

I like songs with  messages that are open to interpretation, but I also love the ones that don't bury the lede. This is one of those songs.   Right off the bat she just tells it like it is. Beautiful voice and an opening verse that spews the truth that I sometimes struggle to communicate. Now that is a successful live stream opening act for you...

I never wanna leave this world
Without saying I love you
Without saying what you mean to me
You know it makes me happy
Oh, when we share this space and time
Want you to know you shaped this heart of mine
And I never wanna leave this world
Oh, without saying I love you

One verse sums up everything this blog has tried to do for the past year. Everything I have written to this point has been to memorialize all the things I have ever felt about those that have ever made me happy and shaped this life of mine. This song is like an exclamation point on this attempt. I never want to leave this world without saying I love you to those that need to hear it. 

There is nothing more beautiful than vocalizing your love for those that have made life worth living. I did it when I graduated college. A buzzed up speech about friendship and love.  I have done it as eulogies. I need to do it more in real time before those end times.  We sit in a pandemic. The divisiveness of America reigns.  The world changes and we struggle. I lose myself from time to time, but there are people that that make this struggle worth the fight.   Thank you for loving me. Thanks for sharing this space and time with me. You have done more than shape this life of mine and I love you. Time passes too quickly, and I am thankful for you in my life. 




Comments

Popular Posts