1. Send the Sun

 Nikki Lane. She is a throwback. Classic sound with great lyrics. This song is the first of hers that I discovered. It popped up on my Spotify when I was mowing the lawn last summer and I have become a fan. The version here has some great harmonies and is a standout performance. It will not be the last of her songs that appear here. 

The song itself is one of longing and love. A chiming guitar and beautiful harmonies are a perfect accompaniment for the lyrics.  The singer and her significant other are apart and missing each other. I particularly love the line "I'll see ya soon, darlin' we are staring at the same moon". Great imagery. Though the world is big and you may be far apart just look at the moon and know I am thinking of you. Beautiful thought.  Who among us hasn't been missing someone wanting to send your love? Next time you find yourself lonesome and apart, stare at the moon think of them and let them know that in the morning the golden rays of the rising sun reflect the love you are sending their way. Great song and a beautiful performance.  Enjoy.

See the first 20 songs I've written about here. https://songsforthesoul2020.blogspot.com/





Comments

Popular Posts